Regency is looking for a detail-oriented, dependable, and energetic person for full-time work as a machine operator in its custom laminate and wood furniture shop. In the position the candidate will be asked to perform general machine operations, parts fabrication, and building and assembly of projects. Good computer skills and experience with a full range of woodworking tools is helpful including table saws, radial arm saws, band saws, routers, and sanders, etc. The successful candidate will be trained on woodworking machinery, assembly, and safety. Basic experience or training operating a CNC machine a plus. Prior experience in carpentry, cabinetry and with a lift truck or tow motor helpful.
Tasks will include though not limited to:
· Set up, operate, or tend computerized or manual woodworking machines, such as CNC router, drill presses, lathes, shapers, routers, or sanders.
· Examine finished work pieces for smoothness, shape, angle, depth-of-cut, or conformity to specifications and verify dimensions, visually and using hands, rules, calipers, templates, or gauges.
· Start machines, adjust controls, and make trial cuts to ensure that machinery is operating properly.
· Monitor operation of machines and make adjustments to correct problems and ensure conformance to specifications.
· Examine raw wood stock for defects and to ensure conformity to size and other specification standards.
· Be able to read and interpret drawings or job plans and communicate effectively with the sales and customer service teams throughout the job planning and execution process.
· Maintain accurate and complete paperwork to document the job process and work completed.
· Be able to meet deadlines agreed upon with the sales and management teams for each job.
· Clean and care for all tools and areas of the custom shop
· Be able to lift heavy components up to 100 pounds.
· Package projects for shipment to ensure their clean and undamaged arrival.
Dental, LT Disability Insurance, and 401k available at 90 days. Regular shifts Mon-Fri.
Please email email@example.com with a resume if interested.