Company: Camping World of Akron
Position: Service Director
Position #1: Service Technician
We are ALWAYS looking for top talent across the country – including Service Technicians! If you’re interested in becoming a Service Technician with Camping World and Good Sam, but don’t see a position currently available in your city, please APPLY HERE so we have your information on file.
We get it – finding a new role is exciting and we can’t wait to help drive you forward!
We are ideally looking for someone with advanced diagnostic and repair skills for RV coach systems, generators and coach body repairs. Someone who is passionate about fixing mechanical, plumbing, HVAC, electrical, and maintenance problems would be ideal. A successful Service Technician will have strong attention to detail, be self-motivated and well-versed in all maintenance and repairs. Camping World will pay to certify individuals not already certified.
Pay is based on experience and a flat-rate fee structure with uncapped earning potential.
Essential Job Functions:
• Provide and document complete diagnostic test and repair or replacement services to customers
• Perform electrical, plumbing, carpentry and appliance maintenance
• Track all parts and materials used in repairs or replacements
• Keep supervisor appraised of work progress
• Ensure that the final work product meets quality standards and is inspected by supervisor or designee
• Maintain a safe and clean work area for customers and coworkers
• Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned
Essential Job Skills:
• Certification from college or technical school in trade field (HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, Maintenance, etc.) is certainly helpful but, we also consider applicable work experience
• Minimum 1 year service technician experience or related fields preferred
• RVIA certification helpful but not required
• Prolonged periods of standing, stooping, crawling, and bending
• May lift up to 25 lbs and/or move up to 50 lbs. with assistive devices
• Potential exposure to heights and hazards related to working with electrical and welding equipment
• Possible exposure to environmental conditions include heat, cold, humidity, noise, dust and wetness
• Prolonged periods of standing, stooping , crawling and bending Must furnish own hand/shop tools
• Valid driver’s license
Persons interested in this position please visit http://www.campingworldgoodsamjobs.com/open-positions/search-jobs/ and search all positions.