Company: Midwest Community Services
Position: Day Service Specialist
Day-Service Specialist – Stark and Summit County
Midwest Family of Companies – Midwest Community Services
• The Midwest Mission for its Day-Service Specialist is to provide person-centered, community-based supports to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
• Midwest strives to be more than a provider of services; we are committed to being a valued asset to our community. This commitment starts at the top with Joe and Kristine Knetzer, the owners that have worked to instill family values into their business since opening in 2000.
A Great Opportunity
• No experience required means that you, as a Day-Service Professional (DSP) with Midwest, will be trained on the ins and outs of the job. To include:
o CPR/First Aid
o Medication Delegation
o Homemaker Personal Care Skills
o Vocational and Job Coaching Techniques
• Midwest’s administrative team has years of experience and takes a step by step, day by day approach to new employee training.
• Growth from within. When D1, D2, or Program Coordinator positions become available, Midwest turns to its Day-Service Specialists first.
• Rewarding. As a direct support professional at a Midwest Day-Service, you’ll be responsible for supporting men and women in their work environment. Your assistance allows those men and women to pursue their hopes and dreams, meet other people, go on outings, and to get paid while completing work that fits their wants and capabilities.
Your Responsibilities Will Include
• Interact with all individuals and assist with work, communication, ADLs, and other duties as assigned.
• Provide formal and informal training and assistance in activities of daily living; dressing, bathing, eating, cooking, cleaning, etc.
• Provide formal and informal training on all habilitation and vocational activities, helping the individuals to acquire new skills and increase their independence.
• Provide training and assistance with self-administration, and administer all ordered medications per State of Ohio approved guidelines.
• Provide supervision and support in community settings.
• Complete all skill development and support, progress notes, individual work records, medication administration records and other work-related documents.
• Ensure a healthy and clean work environment.
• Observe for signs of illness or changes in health, and report to supervisor and/or nurse.
• Complete other duties as assigned.
We Are Looking For Someone That
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
• Current Driver’s License AND eligible to meet driving insurability standards
• STNA or Homemaker Personal Care experience (Not Required)
What We Offer You
• Benefit package for all employees
o Dental Insurance
o Life Insurance
o Sick Time
o Holiday Pay
o Job Specific Trainings and Continuous Learning Opportunities
o Promotion Opportunities
o Person centered atmosphere and an on call administrative team for support
o Flexible schedules
• Additional Benefits for Full Time Employees
o Vacation time
o Health Insurance
If interested, please send resumes to…