|Title of Position Available|
|DuPont Engineering Polymers is currently seeking a Machinist to work at its manufacturing site located in Valley View, Ohio. The site is located near Interstate 77, Interstate 480, and the Ohio Turnpike, south of Cleveland. The facility employs about 135 people and manufactures compression molded, close tolerance-machined composite parts for aerospace and specialty industrial applications. Our customers include the major commercial and military aircraft engine manufacturers around the world. Employees hired will start at a base rate of $24.76 and could progress to $37.90 throughout their career. DuPont offers a competitive 401k match at 6% dollar for dollar and an additional 3% at no cost to the employee. Employee’s hired for off shift will be compensated with an additional 7% in shift premium on top of their hourly rate (i.e. entry level machinist on second or third shift will make $26.49 per hour).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include but are not limited to:
• Set up and operate, in an efficient timely manner, a wide range of machine tools, both CNC and manual such as grinders, mills, lathes, and hones on a diverse range of product involving difficult operations, aerospace tolerances, and complex shapes. Machines used at Valley View include HAAS vertical mills, Toyoda Grinders, Accuturn, Prodigy, Hardinge, and HAAS lathes.
• Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, or materials onto machines.
• Modify programs in response to problems.
• Work from and read blueprints as well as setting and checking work to various quality control gages.
• Troubleshooting, determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
• Confer with engineering, supervisory, or manufacturing personnel to exchange technical information.
• Follow all safety requirements
• Receive verbal and written information
• Record information
• Understand written instructions and be willing and able to communicate those instructions to others
• Read process instructions and drawings and recognize/attend to details
The machining associate will regularly audit processes (to assure compliance with quality practices and work instructions throughout the facility) and will facilitate and support the DuPont Valley View (DVV) Internal Audit Process.
Operational duties include monitoring production processes and controlling product processes, obtaining samples, and loading products. Machining associates must be willing and able to operate mobile transport equipment.
Machining associates will continuously monitor product quality; be expected to troubleshoot process problems and control product for non-conformances; be required to participate in housekeeping and training activities.
Associates will work with the Quality Department to facilitate corrective and preventive action related to supplier quality problems and source inspection issues. In the process, machining associates will issue stop tags/hold tags where conditions warrant.
Maintain Quality metrics: to facilitate positive, proactive operational change, Associates may be required to analyze non-conformance data, escapes, and other sources of data as well as identify continuous improvement opportunities that help drive the DVV Continuous Improvement plan, when appropriate.
Machining associates will be expected to co-facilitate Quality Improvement Teams and other Quality-focused meetings, assuring timely completion of identified action items. These associates are required to support DVV’s Quality Council with analysis of issues and recommendations for corrective and preventive measures.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be flexible, adaptable, dependable, reliable and able to adjust to various challenges (such as changes to schedule, work environment, materials, and tooling). Machinist associates must possess solid communication skills (i.e., oral, written, and listening) and should be detailed oriented and have good organizational skills. Associates must be self-motivated, able to work independently or in a group environment.
Additional Requirements for the position:
• Either Technical Degree: Machining Technology certificate
• or 2+ years of machining experience
• Experience in machining composites, metals, and or aluminum extrusions
• Ability to read CNC programs
• Demonstrated ability to set up and operate manual and CNC equipment
• Proficient in shop math, including geometry and conversions
• Demonstrated ability to read blueprints and understand tolerance
• Demonstrated ability to use precision gages
• Knowledge of FANUC controls
• Excellent problem solving/troubleshooting skills
• Willingness to work off shift (3 shift operation) in a drug and tobacco free environment and in a safety conscious environment
• Dependability & willingness to work overtime upon request (Includes weekends/evenings/holidays)
• Ability and willingness to train others or learn from others
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• As a machining associate, the individual will be required to participate in customer audits and will be required to complete the Certified Operator Program (COP), DVV’s intensive, skills-based validation and training program.
• “Associates will continuously monitor product quality; be expected to troubleshoot process problems and control product for non-conformances; be required to participate in housekeeping and training activities. Also, Functional Team (Group of people with different functional specialties or multidisciplinary skills, responsible for carrying out all phases of a program or project from start to finish.) participation is a requirement.”
• 3-5 years of machining experience
• CNC machinist certification
• Knowledge and/or experience (Statistical Process Control)
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or equivalent and must be proficient in basic math.
Apply online at: https://careers.dupont.com/jobsearch/job-details/machinist/191676W-05/453123/
|6200 Hillcrest Dr
Valley View, OH 44125
|Contact Phone Number|
|Preferred Method of Contact|