Company: Fiorilli Construction
Superintendent :: Synopsis
Fiorilli Construction, Inc. Cleveland, OH
Fiorilli Construction is a high growth General Contracting, Design Build, and Construction Management firm focusing on enhancing our relationships locally, and expanding nationwide. We are exceptional in the construction field, have integrity in all we do, and believe in contributing to an amazing culture within our work environment. We believe in the philosophy of work hard, play hard and we are passionate about our lifestyles. At the end of the day, building synergistic authentic relationships is our #1 priority. We do not believe that this is just a job, but a passion and we bring that to each and every project that we do.
We are looking for assertive, energetic, and high performing construction rock stars able to service clientele for a large variety of construction projects. We are looking for you to take responsibility for all productivity, communications, and controls while operating effectively and efficiently in a collaborative team environment. Ideal candidates must be passionate about providing outstanding services to deliver a great product while demonstrating a strong sense of accountability.
This position reports to the General Superintendent. The Company’s primary goal for your position is to utilize your skills as a field Superintendent for all variations of projects, large or small, timing with other assignments permitting. Your position may require you to travel and manage flow of multiple projects at times depending upon the workflow company wide as determined at the discretion of the Company.
First Year Outcomes
1. 2 Rock star project Delivery Awards (by clients)
2. 2 VIP core client recommendations
3. 2 VIP co-worker core values appreciative inquiry stories
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
1. Jobsite Relations
2. Jobsite Management/Communications
3. Maintain Schedule
4. Contract Resolution
5. Safety & Quality
6. Punch List/Closeout Efficiency
1. Supervise, and occasionally self-perform construction trade activities.
2. From time to time, project assignments may include a variety of travel and out of town work assignments.
3. Maintain positive relationships with clients, subcontractors, suppliers and coworkers.
4. Direct all field personnel, subcontractors and vendors and verify their work scopes in the field to achieve completion of the project on schedule, within budget and at a high quality level.
5. Maintain the construction schedule, identify and solves problems. Assist the Project Manager in keeping schedules properly updated, and ensure that the job meets the various required dates.
6. Self-perform rough and finish carpentry, misc. finish work (tile, painting, etc.) and cleanup as may be needed/assigned.
7. Order materials and schedule inspections as necessary throughout the process.
8. Prepare, schedule and supervise completion of a preliminary and final punch lists.
9. Promotes and monitors job site safety, encourages safe work practices, rectifies job site hazards immediately, and ensures all employees and contractors are adhering to all safety policies.
10. Maintain a clean and organized job site, including the construction office.
11. Conduct weekly coordination & safety meetings with subcontractors and issue typewritten minutes as a result thereof.
12. Verify that each Subcontractor has completed his contractual requirements as condition precedent to beginning work at the jobsite. This includes a Certificate of Insurance, executed Subcontract and a Safety Program.
13. Cost & Quality Controls – Inspect all trade work; VIF all sub AWA request in writing; obtain Owner AWAs with signatures
14. Prepare all daily and weekly reporting including daily reports, safety reports, 2-week look ahead schedules, etc.
15. Resolves issues effectively—seeing real problems, being comfortable with conflict, discussing and solving problems in a practical and healthy manner. Ensures the leadership team is healthy, functional, and cohesive.
16. Effectively collaborates and stays on the same page with team members.
17. Exemplifies and upholds our core values: Building Synergistic Authentic Relationships, OWN IT, Integrity in all we Do, Always a Pro, Cutting edge Cool People.
18. Exemplifies and upholds our Core Focus: Delivering Construction Excellence via Building Synergistic Authentic Relationships
1. 5 years’ experience working in a large scale professional commercial construction environment
2. Possess strong accountability, problem solving for the greater good, and the ability to maintain solid relationships
3. Exhibit attention to detail in conjunction with excellent communication skills.
4. Cutting edge technical savvy skills are preferred.
Fiorilli Construction, Inc. offers cutting edge competitive compensation, a progressive benefits package, a collaborative work environment, and so much more.
If you are interested in learning more and have what it takes to join our cutting edge cool team, we look forward to learning about you. Head to our career page and apply at http://fio-con.com/career/. While you’re there, take a look at what our employees have to say about working with Fiorilli Construction, Inc.