Company: Landmark Plastic
Position: Set-Up Technician
Landmark Plastic is in need of a Set-Up Technician.
Starting pay is $13.00/hr and we are looking to train the right individual with a good mechanical aptitude or experience.
Interested applicants can apply on line at www.landmarkplastic.com click on contact tab, click on employment tab.
Applicants can also apply on site.
Please see the job description below.
The Set-Up Technician is responsible for providing the day-to-day set up, start-up, maintenance, repair and troubleshooting necessary to maintain a safe and efficient department, with regards to the equipment and machinery. The position also performs other maintenance duties, as required to promote overall equipment productivity and safety effectiveness.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Works with Thermoforming Manager, Set-Up supervisor and the Master Scheduler on scheduling of Set-Ups.
2. Performs Set-Up duties and start up processing.
3. Assists and works with the Set-Up Supervisor and Process Engineer on assuring that machines are set-up and running according to the product master.
4. Develop and maintain Standard Procedures for Mold Set-up, start up, and preventative mold maintenance.
5. Cooperates and works closely with Maintenance and Tool room personnel to communicate and schedule mold and machine requirements.
6. Provides input to continue improving process and mold.
7. Maintains a current awareness of emerging new machine, tooling, material, or process.
8. Documents process related instructions for Supervisors, Set-Up and Process personnel.
9. Will tear down and set up the former, I-I press, and Trim press, per Landmark’s protocol.,
10. Will set proper heat, vacuum, pressure settings. Will be responsible for setting Form seal and cut pressures.
11. Will need to know the different materials.
12. Must take initiative and be able to work with little supervision.
Core Competencies Required:
Decisiveness: Readiness to make decisions, render judgments, takes action or commits oneself, even in difficult situations.
Accountability: Accepts responsibility and is readily accountable for outcomes resulting from personal decisions.
Safety: Ability to work within a safe manner as well as identify safety hazards/issues and address them in an appropriate manner.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud and proper PPE is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is often required to sit; or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. The employee must frequently stand, climb, lift. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Ability to work up to 7 days a week as business conditions dictate. Overtime as required to complete jobs as requested.
1. Requires in-depth understanding of the capabilities and limitations of Thermoforming molds and Forming technologies, along with process and methods.
2. Must be able to obtain or possess own tools required for job functions within a reasonable time frame.
3. Must have experience or ability to learn and demonstrate new skills necessary for success of position.
4. Must demonstrate mechanical reasoning skills and ability necessary for the position.
5. Demonstrated ability to read prints, read and follow written instructions. Ability to listen and follow verbal instructions.
6. Must have working knowledge of mechanical equipment or machines.
7. Ability to successfully pass Landmark’s towmotor certification.
Required Education and Experience
1. High School Diploma or Technical degree from an accredited college or high school.
2. A valid driver’s license.
3. Ability to use all necessary tools for set-up, start up, repair and maintenance of machines and die setup.
4. 6 months experience in a manufacturing facility or similar discipline.
5. Computer entry skills required to enter data into QAD.
Landmark Plastic provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national original, religion, age, equal pay, disability or genetic information.
Commitment to a safe work culture and attendance is critical to the success of the position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.