Company: M.K. Morse
Position: Band Welder
Job Title: Band Welder
Department: Band Saw Packaging
Reports to: Band Saw Packaging Supervisor
Position summary: The Band Welder is an entry-level position with attainable promotion to a larger role in manufacturing. A large percentage of time will be spent welding and grinding band saw blades.
Purpose: To assist The M. K. Morse Company production team in manufacturing products that meet specifications.
Essential functions – The essential functions of the individual would include those assumed for a manufacturing position and include, but not be limited to the following:
• Must always represent The M. K. Morse Company in a professional manner.
• Weld and grind bands to meet our quality standards.
• Know all basic functions of the ideal welder.
• Make necessary adjustments and changes to welding jaws to maintain optimal weld.
• Achieve desired production rates with quality products.
• Accurately report production/scrap in CMS (Canadian Manufacturing System) as directed for the job.
• Perform general housekeeping, and actively participate in 5-S initiatives.
• Must be knowledgeable of and maintain compliance with applicable OSHA and EPA guidelines.
• Other duties as assigned.
Skills and experience:
• Prior manufacturing experience preferred.
• Prior mechanical experience preferred.
• Must be computer literate.
Education Requirements: High school education or equivalent preferred.
Works with: All members of manufacturing and supervision.
Physical demands and work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and may occasionally lift up to 70 pounds. Good manual dexterity skills are required as well as good eye-hand coordination. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but hearing protection may occasionally be required.
General sign-off: The employee is expected to adhere to all Company policies and to act as a role model in the adherence to policies.
To apply, please have them contact Tonya Moody, HR Coordinator, directly via email at email@example.com or via phone at 330.453.8187.