Company: Shin Etsu Silicones
Position: Maintenance Technician
• Troubleshoot and repair a broad range of production equipment including but not limited to Extruders, Mills, Mixers, Electric and Lighting etc..
• Basic electrical troubleshooting up to 480V.
• Work with gearboxes, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, pipefitting, plumbing, HVAC and carpentry.
• Basic welding and fabricating skills.
• Ability to stay on task based on work orders.
• Daily basic I&E maintenance.
• Keeping the Shop clean and organized.
• Must be available for 1st shift hours, and Call-in’s when scheduled.
Education & Experience: Journeyman Certification and/or formal training strongly preferred; minimum 5 years of industrial maintenance experience strongly preferred.
Technical: Hydraulics, fabrication/welding, pneumatics, pumps, electrical, mechanical repair, HVAC; ability to interpret written and verbal instructions.
Communication: Good verbal and written communication skills. Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively within a team environment. Must maintain a positive and professional relationship with others in your department as well as with those from other departments. Behave in a professional manner and have a good understanding of proper email etiquette.
Leadership: The ability to take direction and to carry out instructions from the supervisor in an orderly and efficient manner. Must lead by example and display a strong work ethic for others to follow.
Work Style: Possess strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills. Must be proactive in your approach to all issues in order to identify or eliminate potential problem areas. Must be able to work independently and be self-motivated. Must be able to manage your time in an efficient and effective manner.
1150 Damar Dr.
Akron, OH 44305
If interested, please send a resume to …