Company: Maxion Wheels
Position: Wheel Line Inspector
Maxion Wheels in Akron, Ohio, produces steel wheels for commercial vehicles only and is seeking a Wheel Line Inspector.
1. Performs inspection for any process or operation.
2. Calibrates measurement devices to ensure accuracy.
3. Detects obvious flaws or deviations in conformance to specifications.
4. Comply with safety and environmental management policy with the authority to stop, report and give feedback.
5. Performs necessary trucking assignments if the operator has a valid trucking license.
6. Performs minor maintenance.
7. Performs work in other classifications as available.
8. Performs housekeeping.
9. Applies knowledge and care in the handling of any hazardous materials with which contact may be made and assists with the vendor removal of hazardous waste.
10. Ensures the safe operation of the machinery; wears all appropriate Personal Protective Equipment in the performance of all duties.
11. Participates as a member of plant problem solving teams and assist in prioritizing problems.
12. Communicates directly with Supervisors, Management and Technical Service, regarding items of quality training, quality trends, defective material and processing improvements.
13. Ensures quality consciousness in keeping with the established Company Quality Policy.
14. Performs additional related functions as assigned.
• Work in a heavy manufacturing environment with exposure to industrial noise, hot and cold environments, grease, oil, complex mechanical equipment, and welding arc.
• Working rotating shifts, nights, weekends, holidays, and extended hours.
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 60 pounds.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum one (1) year of manufacturing experience.
Please visit www.maxionwheels.com to learn more about our company and to apply OR email a resume to Lisa Tripney at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will forward it.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.