Company: Midwest Health Services
Position: Home Health LPN
Home Health LPN – Clinton, Summit County
Midwest Family of Companies – Community Health Network
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
11pm – 8am (27 hours)
*Full time could be discussed through the addition of a 2nd case
• The CHN Mission for its’ Home Health LPN’s is to provide person-centered, community-based supports to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities that have skilled nursing needs.
• CHN strives to be more than a provider of services; we are committed to being a valued asset to our community.
A Great Opportunity
• No home health experience required means that you, as a LPN with CHN, will be trained on the ins and outs of the job.
• CHN’s administrative team has years of experience and takes a step by step, day by day approach to new employee training.
• Rewarding. As a Home Health Licensed Practical Nurse you’ll be responsible for supporting men, women, or children in their homes. Your assistance will enable them to pursue their hopes and dreams, live safely and build meaningful relationships. You will add structure and support to their everyday lives.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must be a graduate from an accredited nursing program with current registration with State Board of Nurse Examiner and Pharmacology Certification.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The LPN shall be directly supervised by the Director of Health Services, DON, Clinical Manager, or equivalent as identified in the table of organization.
1. Assist in supervising and evaluating HHAs, direct care staff, or caregiver under direction of the Clinical Manager.
2. Assist with staff training as assigned. CHN strives to leave each case with knowledgeable care givers, and will set aside the time needed to make sure each case receives the needed training.
3. Assess clients at regular intervals, and as directed or ordered.
4. Provide professional nursing services to each individual and perform basic therapeutic and preventative nursing measures according to established protocols.
5. Request needed medical supplies and equipment from the DON or designee, and maintain a current inventory of all medical supplies and equipment.
6. Complete medical record documentation within 48 hours of the visit.
7. Insure individual rights are observed, and work to help the family and patient achieve their hopes and dreams.
8. Provide training to staff regarding preventative health measures and other medical issues.
9. Insure all medications are administered, dispensed, stored and disposed of in compliance with regulations.
10. Implement a preventative program of infection control as designed by the Clinical Manager and instruct staff and individuals on proper infection control procedures.
11. Travel to other homes, offices, or work locations to carry out associated duties as assigned.
12. Perform other related duties as required including nurse on-call responsibilities as assigned; on-call responsibilities may include going to service locations and assessing individuals as situations arise.
13. Complete all other duties as assigned.
• Valid Ohio driver’s license and ability to meet insurability requirements
• CPR/BLS Certification
• Maintain current valid Ohio nursing license
• Must have ability to work variable/ flexible hours as determined by operational need
What We Offer You
• Benefit package for all employees
o Dental Insurance
o Life Insurance
o Sick Time
o Holiday Pay
o Job Specific Trainings and Continuous Learning Opportunities
o Promotion Opportunities
o Person centered atmosphere and an on call administrative team for support
• Additional Benefits for Full Time Employees
o Vacation time
o Health Insurance
www.midwesths.com and Select the “Careers” tab
Other Career opportunities
Midwest Family Career Opportunities
Other positions with similar duties include:
• LPN, Shift LPN, Nursing Home LPN, Skilled Facility LPN, Nursing