Company: Nordson Corporation
Job Title: Welder
Business Segment: Polymer Processing Systems
Division/Department: Core Components
Position Location: Youngstown
Reports to: Line Manager/Shift Supervisor
FLSA Status: Type of position: Shift:
1 Full-Time 0 Temporary Full-Time
0 Part-Time 0 Temporary Part-Time
1 1st 1 2nd 1 3rd
Set up and operate department equipment such as portable welding units, automated welding units and overlay machines. Operate equipment to perform a series of welding operatrios such as one- and two-handed MiG, TiG, Arc, Plasma Transfer Arc and stainless steel overlay on production materials in both horizontal and vertical positions.
Work from blueprints, engineering drawings, and specifications, job orders, tooling instructions and standard charts to obtain such specifications as dimensions, tolerances, and instructions. Troubleshoot and resolve various types of operating difficulties, recommend corrective action on process failures within the department.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Set up and operate welding equipment
• Must know and different types of material for proper welding specifications, such as pre-heat and post-heat.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, work orders, specifications, drawings, blueprints, and procedure manuals.
• Positions workpiece in fixture or on machine table, and secures it with clamps and wrenches, verifying positions with instruments.
• Uses a variety of precision measuring instruments and tools to ensure proper tolerances are maintained.
• May need to complete ASME certification.
• Meets established standards for productivity and quality.
• Press liners into barrels with a hydraulic press.
• Operates overhead crane systems and material handling equipment
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• 2-3 years’ experience in a machine shop and/or the equivalent in training in shop practices.
Skills and Abilities
• Must have the ability to read specifications, drawings, blueprints, and procedure manuals and the use precision instruments.
• Professional and obtain great work ethics.
• A problem solver with initiative and a results-oriented mindset.
• Greatly attentive to detail.
• Ability to work flexible work schedule; OT may be required.
• Lifting requirements: Up to 50 lbs.
• Push/Pull requirements: up to 25% of the workday
• Standing/sitting requirements: standing up to 100% of the workday
• Bending/squatting requirements: up to 25% of the workday
• Use of steps/ladders: no ladder usage; stepping (stairs and/or platform): periodic up to 20% of the workday
• Climbing/reaching: up to 20% of the workday, depending on number of set-ups and needed machine adjustment
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Manufacturing environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
0 Estimated __%
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
If interested, please contact Lisa Tripney and she will forward your resume.