Company: Rite Aid
Position: Pharmacy Technician
Immediate openings for the following position:
Pharmacy Technician-See below for full job description.
Part time and Full time positions available.
Wellness is our priority. Make it Personal by discovering a career with Rite Aid.
We are hiring full and part time pharmacy technicians in several locations including:
Canton- 4 locations
Akron – 2 locations
Cleveland- 4 locations
We provide on the job training if someone does not have previous experience or training. Our program is compliant with the state requirements. It is not mandatory for someone to become nationally certified, but we do reimburse for the national certification test as long as the person passes successfully. Most of our technicians pass the national exam after going through our training program.
To be eligible to work in the pharmacy, applicants must have a high school diploma or equivalent and must be at least 18 years old.
Interested candidates can send a resume directly at JFedder@riteaid.com who will make sure it goes to stores that are hiring near their home or applicants may apply online at www.RiteAid.com/careers .
Rite Aid Job Description
Reports To: Pharmacy Manager
Job Type: Hourly
The primary purpose of this position is to assist the Pharmacist and Pharmacy Manager with
serving customers and maintaining the Pharmacy department. The incumbent is also required to
perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
1. Perform all functions and duties of a Pharmacy Service Representative to ensure prompt
service in the Pharmacy Department.
2. Perform computer entry of prescription information including but not limited to: patient search,
prescriber search, drug selection, prescription interpretation & entry, insurance billing and
basic problem resolution.
3. Accept customer and prescription information required to process new and refill prescriptions,
including refill authorization from doctor offices where permitted by state law.
4. Retrieve the appropriate medication from inventory where permitted by state law.
5. Create prescription labels and put them on prescription containers where permitted by state
6. Place medication into prescription containers where permitted by state law.
7. Complete paperwork related to filling prescriptions and input customer and prescription data
into the computer system where permitted by law.
8. Assist with maintaining the Pharmacy department by keeping it clean and in order.
9. Assist in inventory management processes including: order review, inventory returns,
restocking shelves, and physical inventory preparation.
10. Administer Rite Aid programs including: FlavoRx, Living More, etc.
11. Reconstitute oral liquids where permitted by state law.
To perform this job successfully, the associate must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), plus 600 practical hours working in retail
and/or pharmacy operations; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to
write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and smallgroup
situations to customers, clients, and other associates. Ability to read, write, and speak
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common
fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar
Ability to apply common-sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or
diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized
Other Skills, Abilities, and/or Training
The following qualities are required:
Minimum age of 18 years old as required by state law.
Ability to pass drug test.
Committed to providing customer service that makes both internal and external customers feel
welcome, important, and appreciated.
Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
Ability to work weekends on a frequent basis.
Ability to work extended days on a rare basis.
Ability to work day or evening hours. Accuracy and attention to detail.
Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks/projects.
Familiarity with Pharmacy Law and industry/technical terms and processes.
Ability to work within strict time frames and resolute deadlines.
Excellent customer service skills.
Familiarity with SYSM and other communication tools.
Ability to resolve conflicts and problems as they arise.
The following qualities are helpful:
Ten-key punch speed of four thousand (4,000) SPH.
Typing speed of forty (40) WPM. Knowledge of brand and generic drugs by name.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND/OR REGISTRATIONS
This position requires the following licenses and/or certifications:
Pharmacy Technician certification where required by state law.
Rite Aid Technician Training Program certification in all modules, job class/codes up to and
including “Pharmacy Technician”.
Successful achievement of Rite Aid’s Pharmacy Technician Certification.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The associate is:
Regularly required to do the following activities:
– Stand statically for long periods without a break.
– Walk about.
– Talk and hear; verbally express ideas and impart information or instructions.
– Use hands to finger, handle, and/or feel; the ability to type, pick, pinch with fingers, seize,
hold, grasp or turn with hands, and perceive attributes of objects and materials, such as
size, shape, temperature, or texture, by touching with fingertips.
– Maintain balance while walking, standing, crouching, or running.
– Twist upper torso.
– Reach up and out with hands and arms.
Frequently required to do the following activities:
– Stand dynamically for long periods without a break.
– Lift and push/pull up to ten (10) pounds a distance of five (5) feet.
Occasionally required to do the following activities:
– Remain seated in a normal position for short periods.
– Climb stairs and/or ladders.
– Stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
– Recognize flavors or odors and distinguish differences or similarities in intensity or quality
of flavors or odors.
Specific vision abilities required for this job include:
– Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less).
– Color vision and the ability to identify and distinguish colors.
– Adjustable focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those encountered
while performing the essential functions of this job. The associate is regularly exposed to indoor
conditions with a moderate noise level.
RITE AID IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, the presence of mental, physical, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.