Company: Plug Smart
Position: Service Technician
|Title of Position Available|
Performs preventive maintenance and corrective repairs per contract requirements. This will include but not limited to Building Automation, Security / Access, and related mechanical systems.
II. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs assigned work orders according to schedule. Obtains necessary materials and supplies to complete all tasks: 55%
• Attends weekly toolbox safety meetings with BUL and other associates. Utilizes mandatory safety equipment to perform tasks. Obtains and completes Plug Smart required training: 5%
• Performs contract obligated scope to ensure metrics are met and systems are operating at peak performance: 10%
• Performs routine repairs and adjustments to ensure Client’s facilities in like new condition: 10%
• Makes recommendations for out of scope additional billable tasks: 10%
• Estimates time and materials needed to complete repairs and works with the BUL so they can provide our Client’s a written quote for work that we cannot perform within our basic dollar approval limit: 10%
III. QUALIFICATIONS Minimum Requirements
• Education(HS Diploma, Under/Graduate Degree, etc.)High school diploma or GED required.
• Willingness to learn and a good attitude.
Technical Qualifications & Skills
• Complete assigned work orders in a timely manner and communicate work order status via our Handheld or other designated business process. Ability to use and operate handheld device and business systems or document management Database software, including but not limited to Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes, MS Office (Word, Excel).Complies with all applicable codes, regulation, governmental agency and Company directives related to building operations and work safety. Performs assigned day-to-day repairs, emergency, and preventive maintenance. Maintain adequate knowledge of and comply with OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Act) standards and Company safety policies at all times.
• Experience in the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of building mechanical systems, including HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems.
• Daily local travel between properties.
• Teamwork, Integrity/Ethics, Dependability. Customer Focus, Adaptability/FlexibilityDecision-Making/Judgment, CommunicationJob Knowledge, Problem Solving/Analysis, Work Environment Safety, Planning, Interpersonal Skills
• Performs assigned work as a professional and does not take shortcuts. Quality of work is a must. Notifies BUL of any assignment that cannot be completed 100% immediately. Communicates with our Client the status of their request and if it cannot be completed that visit, notifies them of who will finish the work and when.
• Communicates with customer upon arrival and before leaving the work site. Ensures high levels of customer satisfaction. Keeps customer informed on the nature of service provided, outstanding issues and recommended system enhancements, upgrades, and or replacement.
• Ability to adhere to Use of Company Vehicle policy/procedures.
• Assist other associates in their work as requested by the BUL.
• Completes and submits paperwork accurately and on time.
• Works required hours typical 8:00 AM to 4:30 AM. Is available during non-work hours as needed and responds to emergency calls in a timely manner.
V. SUPERVISORY/MANAGEMENT SCOPE
Individual Contributor – There is no management responsibility.
VI. Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to climb or balance. The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
VII. Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. The associate is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is considered normal.
Job Type: Full-time
Required Education: High school or equivalent
|350 E 1st Avenue, Suite 210
Columbus, OH 43201
|Contact Phone Number|
|Preferred Method of Contact|