Purpose of Position: A Fitter/Welder, will work either individually, or, as a part of a small team, to produce metal weldments. Weldments must meet the dimensional specifications of the mechanical engineered drawings. A Fitter/Welder will be required to determine, from the drawing, where each weld is to be performed, and meet the size and length requirements of each weld specified within the given tolerance allowed.
A Fitter/Welder is also required to perform any cosmetic or appearance specifications of the weldment. This may require grinding welds and sheet metal buffing.
• Ability to MIG weld mild steel.
• Ability to MIG weld stainless steel.
• Ability to perform basic fitting.
• Ability to adjust machine according to department manual(s).
• Ability to remove material using grinding process.
• Ability to read drawings and inspect parts for basic dimensions.
• Ability to perform basic layouts (positioning and alignment).
• Ability to inspect parts against complex engineered drawings.
• Ability to spray transfer MIG weld.
• Capability to examine weld bead for acceptable attributes.
• Ability to cope and fit.
• Reporting to department Supervisor.
• Internal relationships include regular interaction with: Machine Operators, Welders, Painters, Material Handlers, Leadpersons, and Supervisors.
Responsibilities, Skills, Experience, and Requirements:
• Successful candidate will typically have 1-2 years of relevant work experience.
• Must have a basic command of the English language, both written and verbal.
• Ability to execute hot work (any work performed outside of department).
• Ability to finish grind, surface finishing based on departmental requirements.
• Ability to repair improper welds.
• Knowledge of fixtures required for area of responsibility.
• Ability to tack weld.
• Ability to stud weld.
• Ability to fine tune voltage.
• Ability to square parts.
• Ability to torch cut.
• Basic product knowledge (understanding of how work ties into the larger picture) based on departmental need/requirement.
• Knowledge of welding symbols.
• Knowledge of and ability to use basic tools (tape measure squares, clamps, fillet gage, angle finder, etc.).
• Ability to convert decimals to fractions and utilize conversion chart.
• Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers.
• Ability to effectively work in team environment.
• Awareness and adherence to Lock Out Tag Out procedures.
• Ability to follow company operating procedures, safety rules and ISO requirements.
8967 Pleasantwood Ave NW
North Canton, Ohio 44720
United States Map It