Extruder Operators on 2nd and 3rd Shift
About the Company
A business within Saint-Gobain, Performance Plastics is the world’s leading producer of engineered, high-performance polymer products, serving virtually every major industry across the globe. Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics businesses support these key industries in bringing advanced technology polymer products and using them in the most demanding applications. Backed by a proud heritage of product innovation, technological expertise and market leadership, Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics is dedicated to working with its customers to solve today’s application issues and the challenges that lie ahead.
The Akron site extrudes various types of tubing for food/beverage, industrial, medical and dairy industries.
The primary responsibility for the operator is the safe and efficient manufacture, change-over and setup of tubing; profile extrusions and braided tubing, including winding, packaging and Quality assurance functions.
• Setups with close tolerances and maintaining line speeds while generating minimal scrap.
• Proficient setup, operation and adjustment of all equipment used to manufacture tubing.
• Making adjustments to extruder controls, downstream equipment, change screens, dies, pins and screws as required
• Removing and reporting all scrap from the extruder per ISO Procedures.
• Inspection and verify quality of finished product.
• Uses various measuring devices and systems to determine product quality.
• Making all packaging components for finished product.
• Correctly completing all records that are required for the job; Production Records, Quality Records, Setup Charts, 5S charts
High School diploma or the equivalent; Ability to read and follow SOP’s and Work Orders; Use calipers and other measuring devices; Mechanical aptitude; Good math skills; Good communication skills, oral and written; Ability to work independently and as a team member
Why work at Saint-Gobain?
• Safe, clean, climate controlled, and well-lit environment.
• Medical, Dental, Vision, and Rx Insurance – 80% of your monthly premium is paid by the company.
• 2018 North America Top Employer – Certified Excellence for Employee Conditions.
• Development Opportunities – Lead Program, Efficiency Teams, and Cross-Training.
• Akron is one of 4 Saint-Gobain manufacturing facilities in Northeast Ohio.
• The starting rate is $17.61 per hour with increases up to $22.07 per hour.
Apply online at bit.ly/akron18
In completing our application, you will be subject to the following checks: Employment Reference Check from Former Employers and Criminal Record Check.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.