Company: Maxion Wheels
Position: Spinner Operator
Maxion Wheels in Akron, Ohio, produces steel wheels for commercial vehicles only and is seeking a Spinner Operator.
1. Set-up, load and unload the Spinner Machine and make all appropriate dimensional checks of the machine and product.
2. Replenish proper lubrication for equipment as required.
3. Detect obvious flaws in machine operation, material, workmanship and/or deviations in conformance.
4. Perform checks and audits to ensure quality of product and that parameters are in specification.
5. Responsibility to comply with the provisions of the safety and environmental management policy with the authority to stop, report and give feedback.
6. Perform necessary trucking assignments if the operator has a valid trucking license.
7. Perform minor maintenance work.
8. Perform work in other classifications.
9. Perform housekeeping
10. Applies knowledge and care in the handling of any hazardous materials with which contact may be made and assists with the vendor removal of hazardous waste.
11. Ensures the safe operation of the machinery; wears all appropriate Personal Protective Equipment in the performance of all duties.
• Work in a heavy manufacturing environment with exposure to industrial noise, hot and cold environments, grease, oil, complex mechanical equipment, and welding arc.
• Working rotating shifts, nights, weekends, holidays, and extended hours.
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 60 pounds.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum one (1) year of manufacturing experience.
Please visit www.maxionwheels.com to learn more about our company and to apply OR email a resume to Lisa Tripney at email@example.com and she will forward it.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.