Company: The M. K. Morse Company
Position: Maintenance Technician
|Title of Position Available|
|Position summary: The Maintenance Technician will spend a large percentage of time troubleshooting equipment, providing preventative maintenance, and repairing equipment.
Purpose: To assist The M. K. Morse Company maintenance team in maintaining equipment that meets specifications.
Essential functions – The essential functions of the individual would include those assumed for a manufacturing maintenance position and include, but not be limited to the following:
• Must always represent The M. K. Morse Company in a professional manner.
• Troubleshoot, conduct fault-finding evaluations, and maintain hydraulic, electrical, and mechanical equipment in the plant.
• Provide preventative maintenance of equipment.
• Document the maintenance and repairs of equipment and machinery in the equipment log.
• Perform general housekeeping, and actively participate in 5-S initiatives.
• Must be knowledgeable of and maintain compliance with applicable OSHA and EPA guidelines.
• Other duties as assigned.
Skills and experience:
• Prior manufacturing experience preferred.
• Prior maintenance experience required.
• Must be computer literate.
• Must complete CNC, VFD, and PLC training (or provide certificates of valid training).
Education Requirements: High school education or equivalent preferred.
Physical demands and work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is required to stand, walk extended distances, sit, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Good manual dexterity skills are required as well as good eye-hand coordination. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Employee is required to operate motorized vehicles including fork lifts and industrial carts.
Employee is required to operate various types of machinery and hand tools for the maintenance function (saws, lathes, milling machine, etc.)
Employee is required to climb ladders, work on rooftops (if needed), work in confined spaces.
• Work environment: The noise level in the work environment can be high and requires the use of hearing protection in certain areas. The work environment can be hot, particularly in heat treat rooms and during summer months.
|The M. K. Morse Company|
|1101 – 11th St. SE
Canton, OH 44707
|Contact Job Title|
|Director, Human Resources|
|Contact Phone Number|
|Preferred Method of Contact|