Company: Spectrum Cable
Position: Full Time
Physical Requirements for Field Technician
This is a physical job, so you should have the strength and flexibility to:
• Move over all types of terrain in all kinds of weather while carrying tools and equipment
• Operate weight-bearing equipment, such as gaffs, safety harnesses, extension ladders (that can weigh up to 90 pounds and extend 32 feet), and carry fully loaded tool belts.
Technical Requirements for Field Technician
Additional minimum requirement skills and abilities include:
• Using handheld devices and operate computer or test equipment (for example, signal level meters, ohm meters, handheld applications etc.), including a personal computer and software.
• Familiarity with computer operating systems and a variety of consumer communications devices (e.g., smartphones, routers, modems, converters, and wireless devices)
• A valid driver’s license with satisfactory driving record within company-required standards. Travel to and from assigned territories and company facilities, including during bad weather, is essential.
In The Field
Every day brings something different, so Field Techs should be comfortable working in a lot of different settings, like:
• High, outdoor places (for example, telephone poles and roofs) in all weather conditions, possibly for extended periods of time
• In residences, potentially in poorly ventilated areas such as attics, basements and/or crawlspaces where there may be dust, dirt, noise, insects, rodents, pets, and cleaning solutions.
• The ability to work overtime, weekends, second shift or participate in an on-call rotation when scheduled.