The ideal candidate will have significant experience estimating Machining projects, and be able to work pro-actively with sales, manufacturing & engineering personnel. Qualified candidates should have strong blueprint / 3D engineering understanding, math and communication skills. Experience with DLA sourcing activities is preferred. Prior experience estimating and production planning of machined parts is required. Prior machining experience is preferred. Note: This is an Estimating position and not shop floor/manufacturing position.
Duties will include but are not limited to the following:
• Promotes customer satisfaction by making the customer experience informative and as comfortable as possible.
• Review customer engineering in the quote system, estimating times for each manufacturing process.
• Consults with outside vendors to ensure work can be performed with in timelines and provide all necessary information to complete the job.
• Be able to navigate the various DLA systems to submit bids and assist in post award activities.
• Help develop supply chain for material processing as needed.
• Communicates regularly with customers on any numbers of issues, including but not limited to:
• Potential deviations from print specifications.
• Alternative materials.
• Clarification on tapping and finish callouts.
• Delivery options.
• No quote notifications and alternatives where possible.
• Tolerance limitations.
• Review discrepancies between models and prints.
• Recommend changes to improve manufacturability.
• Assist customers with design changes and updates.
• Respond quickly to customer’s requests for changes.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
*Note: This could be a remote working position. Not required to be in Cuyahoga Falls.
Molds/Dies, Custom Tooling & Part Machining
1100 Main Street
Cuyahoga Falls, OH. 44221
For More Information Contact:
330-929-3311 ext 101
We take pride in our facility and welcome the opportunity to show it off! You would never buy a car without looking at it first. Choosing the place to give you a head start on a successful path in life should be no different. We invite you to schedule a tour of our beautiful campus. We’re pretty sure you’ll be impressed!
If you are a high school student, please note that you will have several opportunities to visit PLCC during your sophomore year.
Once we receive your request, a PLCC staff member will follow up directly. Thank you for your interest, we look forward to seeing you soon.