- High School CTE
Seneca Engineering is actively seeking a creative, talented, and self-motivated Civil Designer/Drafter for immediate employment in our Akron, Ohio office.
The qualified individual will possess an understanding of drafting associated with the civil engineering design process. The position will support a wide range of civil and environmental design projects for Commercial and Industrial clients including solid waste management facilities, trucking operations, site development, storm water management, and erosion control. Responsibilities include a combination of the following:
• Design and production of Earthwork Grading, Road/Street, Sewer, Water and Stormwater Management Improvement Plans.
• Design and production of Conceptual and Precise Grading Plans and Figures.
• Assist in the design and preparation of Conceptual Maps, Exhibits, and other Documents.
• Review and address internal and agency comments and incorporate into project drawings.
• Active interaction with Project Engineer, Project Manager, and other members of the Design Team(s).
• Obtain publicly available information to be incorporated into design documents.
• Site visits to confirm existing conditions.
• High school diploma/GED
• Must be skilled in AutoCAD, proficiency in Civil3D a plus.
• Must be able to communicate effectively with co-workers and agency staff both orally and in writing.
• Must be highly organized and motivated and able to work within a team environment throughout all phases of design
• Fundamental working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Adobe Acrobat
• Minimum 2 years experience in residential or commercial/industrial land development design.
• Working knowledge of GIS
• Associate’s or technical degree
What Seneca Engineering Offers:
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work. You will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed. We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams you work with and our business.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We offer competitive pay and benefits package and the development resources you need to advance your career.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability or protected veteran status.
Interested candidate should reach out to Michael Stepic, Senior Engineer at Seneca Engineering at: email@example.com
Seneca Engineering, LLC
585 White Pond Drive, Suite E
Akron, Ohio 44320
Who To Contact
Michael Stepic, Senior Engineer
330 289 firstname.lastname@example.org
We take pride in our facility and welcome the opportunity to show it off! You would never buy a car without looking at it first. Choosing the place to give you a head start on a successful path in life should be no different. We invite you to schedule a tour of our beautiful campus. We’re pretty sure you’ll be impressed!
If you are a high school student, please note that you will have several opportunities to visit PLCC during your sophomore year.
Once we receive your request, a PLCC staff member will follow up directly. Thank you for your interest, we look forward to seeing you soon.
Portage Lakes Career Center is accessible to visitors with physical disabilities. Visitors should contact the Main Office at 330-896-8200 prior to arrival for parking instructions and other information.