- High School CTE
• Pay starts at $36,400, more experience = more pay
• First shift 6:30 A.M. to 3:00 P.M. Monday thru Friday
• 401K with company match
• Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
• 2 weeks’ vacation in first year
• 5 sick days per year
• 10-1/2 paid holidays
• Yearly performance review
Machine Assembly Duties
• Pull parts per machine structure, and set up work cell
• Mark and drill/tap holes per blueprints
• Weld mounting plates per blueprint
• Mount motors, drives, shafts, and other parts called out on blueprints
• Wire motors, drives, and sensors
• Minor prep work before paint, EG: grind heavy welds/knock off burrs
• Maintain welding equipment and keep in overall state of operation
• Discuss machine assembly issues with the engineering department
•• 1 Year proven work history in an industrial setting
• Read and understand machine blueprints
• Metal fabrication prep
• 1 year tow motor operation
• 1 year metal fabrication/lay out
• 1 year MIG welding
• 1 year overhead crane operation
Training on our machines and operations will be provided
1925 Akron-Peninsula Road, Akron Ohio 44313
Who To Contact
We take pride in our facility and welcome the opportunity to show it off! You would never buy a car without looking at it first. Choosing the place to give you a head start on a successful path in life should be no different. We invite you to schedule a tour of our beautiful campus. We’re pretty sure you’ll be impressed!
If you are a high school student, please note that you will have several opportunities to visit PLCC during your sophomore year.
Once we receive your request, a PLCC staff member will follow up directly. Thank you for your interest, we look forward to seeing you soon.
Portage Lakes Career Center is accessible to visitors with physical disabilities. Visitors should contact the Main Office at 330-896-8200 prior to arrival for parking instructions and other information.