- High School CTE
Wyman-Gordon Forgings, located in Cleveland, OH, forges a variety of parts such as valves, fittings, fuel system components, and various other industrial products, using materials ranging from standard carbon steel to exotic alloys. Founded in 1919, the former Drop Dies and Forgings Company was acquired by Wyman-Gordon parent company, Precision Castparts Corp., in December 2000.
1. Works as a general repairman, performing a variety of maintenance jobs on all machinery, equipment, and buildings in Cleveland.
2. Repairs all furnaces, including doors, conveyors, agitators, elevators, cylinders.
3. Repairs forging, trimming and straightening presses, including such work as repacking, repairing valves, and disassembling and reassembling presses.
4. Repairs all other machinery and equipment such as cranes, stock saws, cutting machines, Forge Hammers, Drop Hammers, air compressors, overhead doors, and sandblasting equipment.
5. Installation of all machinery, equipment, and facilities.
6. Operates cranes, performs simple rigging and assist Riggers in heavier, more complicated rigging.
7. Set up, align, and check out equipment for proper operation.
8. Performs construction work such as new buildings, additions to existing facilities, and security partitions.
9. Rebuilds hydraulic press pumps, requiring working to extremely close tolerances.
10. Rebuilds fluid drive units, gear boxes, hydraulic tracers, and a variety of complex mechanical and hydraulic units.
11. Assist in rebuilding of machinery and equipment, including a scraping, adjusting, and filling to extremely close tolerances.
12. Perform any other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
• Ability to read, interpret and follow specifications on work orders, repair manuals, blueprints and drawings.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions in detailed written, diagram or oral form.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to work independently and in a team effectively.
Wyman Gordon Cleveland
3097 East 61st Street, Cleveland, Ohio 44127
Who To Contact
216-341-0085 ext 127 email@example.com
We take pride in our facility and welcome the opportunity to show it off! You would never buy a car without looking at it first. Choosing the place to give you a head start on a successful path in life should be no different. We invite you to schedule a tour of our beautiful campus. We’re pretty sure you’ll be impressed!
If you are a high school student, please note that you will have several opportunities to visit PLCC during your sophomore year.
Once we receive your request, a PLCC staff member will follow up directly. Thank you for your interest, we look forward to seeing you soon.
Portage Lakes Career Center is accessible to visitors with physical disabilities. Visitors should contact the Main Office at 330-896-8200 prior to arrival for parking instructions and other information.