- High School CTE
– This position will be assigned to one of our three Steel facilities in Stark County, Ohio (Gambrinus, Harrison or Faircrest Steel plants). Employees in this position are responsible for performing a variety of general labor and routine duties including, but not limited to, operating radio and cab cranes along with ability to drive mobile equipment from plant to plant, loading and unloading material, cleaning and janitorial duties, shoveling and cleaning scale / sludge from equipment, cutting scrap, and assisting operating personnel in the performance of their duties.
– Employees in this position may be required to use the following equipment: transporter, burning equipment, mortar mixer, steam cleaning equipment, jack hammer, power hand tools, power wheelbarrow, scrubbing machine, electric sewer cleaner, scaffolding, post hole digger, stepladder, chains, cables, slings, saws, grinders, etc.
– This position requires the ability to work a rotational and flexible shift and may include holidays.
– Manufacturing work environment may include exposure to extreme hot and cold temperatures.
– On-the-job training is provided.
Apply directly through this link to our website- https://careers.timkensteel.com/job/Canton-Maintenance-Service-Operator-OH-44706/876730700/
1835 Dueber Ave. SW
Canton, Ohio 44706
Who To Contact
Ben Schroeck, Labor Relation Intern
We take pride in our facility and welcome the opportunity to show it off! You would never buy a car without looking at it first. Choosing the place to give you a head start on a successful path in life should be no different. We invite you to schedule a tour of our beautiful campus. We’re pretty sure you’ll be impressed!
If you are a high school student, please note that you will have several opportunities to visit PLCC during your sophomore year.
Once we receive your request, a PLCC staff member will follow up directly. Thank you for your interest, we look forward to seeing you soon.
Portage Lakes Career Center is accessible to visitors with physical disabilities. Visitors should contact the Main Office at 330-896-8200 prior to arrival for parking instructions and other information.