- High School CTE
Hickory Harvest Foods, located in Akron, OH, is a 3rd generation family-owned business. Hickory Harvest Foods is a leading provider of products to retailers in the multi-billion dollar and growing healthy snacks sector.
SUMMARY: Operate machine to company standards and communicate job functions to line workers. Perform changeovers to machine when new product/size is being run. Function as back-up to primary machine operator assigned to other lines, including completing food-packing duties, when necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Accurately complete daily paperwork
• Train/develop line workers on specific jobs duties
• Troubleshooting to resolve equipment malfunctions
• Rotate line workers
• Operate machine to standard rates
• Implement GMP policies
• Comply with quality procedures
• Comply with safety procedures
• Perform changeovers
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Minimum 1 year machine operator experience
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to direct activities
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to train others and evaluate employee performance
• Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
• Knowledge and understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices
• Reports to the Production Supervisor
• Works closely with Production, Warehouse and Quality
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, reach, stretch, stoop, bend, and use hands and fingers. This position requires the employee to be able to read, write, and communicate orally in English. In addition, the employee must be able to hear and have color vision.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Job Responsibilities, Priority List:
1. Run machine at standard rates
2. Setup machine and produce good bags
3. Troubleshoot & resolve minor issues
4. Complete daily paperwork
5. Complete quality review
6. Flexibility to assist other areas of plant
Interested candidates should please send resume to email@example.com.
Hickory Harvest Foods
90 Logan Parkway
Akron, Ohio 44319
Who To Contact
AMY HUNTER, Human Resources Manager
We take pride in our facility and welcome the opportunity to show it off! You would never buy a car without looking at it first. Choosing the place to give you a head start on a successful path in life should be no different. We invite you to schedule a tour of our beautiful campus. We’re pretty sure you’ll be impressed!
If you are a high school student, please note that you will have several opportunities to visit PLCC during your sophomore year.
Once we receive your request, a PLCC staff member will follow up directly. Thank you for your interest, we look forward to seeing you soon.
Portage Lakes Career Center is accessible to visitors with physical disabilities. Visitors should contact the Main Office at 330-896-8200 prior to arrival for parking instructions and other information.