- High School CTE
SoftLite is looking for efficient 1st shift Production Assemblers in our manufacturing facility in Streetsboro, Ohio.
We are looking for individuals who take pride in their work, who are self-motivated but also a team player. Our assemblers are responsible for the beginning of the line assembly and must have great attention to detail and ability to keep up on the production line. All employees will have the ability to cross-train to learn more skilled tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Verifying specifications by measuring completed components
• Following detailed assembly instructions, process, and procedures to build custom orders
• Assembling components by examining connections for correct fit; fastening parts and subassemblies
• Identifying and using hand tools, such as screw guns, drills, scrapers, snips, hammers, chisels etc. to perform assigned duties
• Maintaining quality process control checks and following standard work instructions
• Escalating quality, safety, and productivity concerns using proper chain of command
• Ability to work as a member of a team
• Ability to read, write and understand English
• Able to stand for 8-10 hour shift
• Daily duties may require lifting 30 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds
• Ability to apply physical mobility (bending, pushing, pulling, lifting, and twisting) to perform all line duties
• Ability to use hand tools, such as screw guns, drills, scrapers, snips, hammers, chisels, and any other tool required to perform duties
• Familiarity with safety protocols in a manufacturing environment; safety glasses, hearing protection, wearing cut-resistant gloves and sleeves, and steel-toed or composite-toed shoes or boots.
• Must be able to work overtime, during the week and on Saturdays as needed
** These positions are not located on the bus-line. You must have your own reliable transportation.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Previous manufacturing and/or assembly experience
• Weekly pay
• Casual dress code
• Health insurance – Medical, Dental, Vision, Short & Long Term Disability, Life, Accident & Critical Illness, 401K with company match
• Time Off: 3 Sick Days, 2 Floating Holidays, 80 hours Vacation
• Paid (8) Federal Holidays and (2) Floating Holidays – eligible upon hire
• Employee Assistance Program
• $95 Annual Safety Shoe Allowance
• Referral bonus program
• Window discounts
• 1st Shift – 6:00am to 3:30pm
• Monday to Friday – Onsite
• Occasional Saturday overtime – with advance notice
SoftLite, a business of Harvey Building Products Corporation, manufactures premium vinyl replacement windows. Since 1935, we have built a strong reputation and solid partnerships with our dealers. We offer a broad, option-rich vinyl window product line and excel with large-scale dealers. As a pioneer in vinyl windows, ten-time ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year winner, and six-time Sustained Excellence winner, Soft-Lite is proud to offer a wide variety of styles to suit any budget and aesthetic sensibility. To learn more, visit us at: https://www.soft-lite.com/
SoftLite is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Interested applicants should apply through company website: http://www.soft-lite.com/careers/
Resume is strongly encouraged
10250 Philipp Pkwy
Streetsboro, OH 44241
Who To Contact
Liz Galligan, HR Manager
We take pride in our facility and welcome the opportunity to show it off! You would never buy a car without looking at it first. Choosing the place to give you a head start on a successful path in life should be no different. We invite you to schedule a tour of our beautiful campus. We’re pretty sure you’ll be impressed!
If you are a high school student, please note that you will have several opportunities to visit PLCC during your sophomore year.
Once we receive your request, a PLCC staff member will follow up directly. Thank you for your interest, we look forward to seeing you soon.
Portage Lakes Career Center is accessible to visitors with physical disabilities. Visitors should contact the Main Office at 330-896-8200 prior to arrival for parking instructions and other information.