Picking primarily focuses on facilitating the movement of product through the distribution center to our branches and customers. This full-time, entry level, general warehouse position has a wide range of functions within our facility, including sorting, packaging, and shipping orders for our customers..
Working as Full-Time Picking, you will help facilitate the movement of product from our distribution center to company owned branches. When an
order is placed by a branch, you will pick the requested quantity, pack the order, print a label with a routing number and send the product to the next
department, Sortation. This is an entry-level position based out of our distribution center located at 940 W. Wilbeth Rd., Akron, OH 44314.
MON TUE WED THU FRI 12:00 pm/Noon-9:00 pm
The duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
The following skills and qualifications are required for this position:
• Proficient written and oral communication skills
• Highly motivated, self directed and customer service oriented
• Demonstrate strong math aptitude, attention to detail and sense of urgency
• Learn and perform multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
• Work independently as well as in a team environment
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule
• Demonstrate our core values of ambition, innovation, integrity and teamwork
• Lift, slide, carry and lower packages that typically weigh 25lbs-50lbs and may weigh up to 100lbs
• Pass the required drug screen (applicable in the US, Puerto Rico and Guam ONLY)
• Successfully pass a post offer pre-employment drug screen, background check, and previous employment verification, required by a customer/contract serviced by this location.
PREFERRED POSITION QUALIFCATIONS:
• Prior experience operating a forklift
Since 1967 Fastenal has grown as a distributor of industrial and construction supplies from a single branch to a Fortune 500 company with approximately 3,200 servicing locations, each providing tailored local inventory and personal service for our customers. As we’ve expanded across the world, we’ve retained a core belief in people and their ability to accomplish remarkable things – if given the opportunity. From this philosophy stems an entrepreneurial culture that challenges every employee to run their own business, create their own success, and advance to become
As a growth company with a solid financial position, we are committed to training, promoting from within, and creating opportunities for our employees. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and are looking to make your mark as part of an elite growth company, you won’t find a better fit
Fastenal offers a competitive benefits package to all full-time employees. This package includes Health, Life, Long Term Disability, and Dental Insurance, in addition to, paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, and 401(k) with an employer contribution.
To Apply, please click on the link below.
Job Link: https://careers.fastenal.com/application/492241
940 W. Wilbeth Rd., Akron, OH 44314
OH100 Distribution Center
Who To Contact
OHUB DC Administration team | Recruiting
330-861-5430 / email@example.com
We take pride in our facility and welcome the opportunity to show it off! You would never buy a car without looking at it first. Choosing the place to give you a head start on a successful path in life should be no different. We invite you to schedule a tour of our beautiful campus. We’re pretty sure you’ll be impressed!
If you are a high school student, please note that you will have several opportunities to visit PLCC during your sophomore year.
Once we receive your request, a PLCC staff member will follow up directly. Thank you for your interest, we look forward to seeing you soon.