The Job Training program (JTP) at PLCC is a Special Admissions program for students who have barriers to work or who may need additional support in the workplace. JTP provides students with transferable vocational education and relevant social and soft skill development as part of their Individualized Education Program (IEP), improving future opportunities for competitive or supported employment and/or post-secondary education.
JTP will provide students with real-world, hands-on training through a unique opportunity to explore a number of different career paths. The program is customized to fit the needs and preferences of those participating.
- ServSafe® Food Handler’s or Manager’s License
- CPR Certification
Who Is Eligible?
Students must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Begin Backward Planning to attend the last two years prior to aging out.
- Ability to self-care, communicate, safely follow verbal instruction, and attend independently without an assistant.
- Must apply and be accepted into the program.
- See your district’s special education administrator for more information.